Before you know it Spring will be here. Officially it arrives on March 20, but for many it will be here sooner. I am sure last fall you took the time to properly winterize your lawn equipment before putting it away for the year. If you forgot, it is even more important that your follow this guide before tackling your outdoor to-do list.
Spring-time service on 2-cycle equipment should include the following:
- Inspect the equipment, top to bottom. Look for any damage that may have occurred while in winter storage.
- Sharpen or replace chain and/or bar on your chainsaw, as needed.
- Inspect air filter for dirt accumulation now, and before each usage and clean or replace.
- Replace air filter after 25 hours.
- Inspect spark plug every 25 hours and replace if fouled.
- If the equipment has fuel-mix left over from previous season, drain fuel-mix from fuel system and replace with fresh fuel-mix.
When in doubt about the condition of your hedge trimmer, string trimmer, chain saw or blower, bring it to the professionals at your local dealer for repair. Peace of mind is worth paying a pro…it beats loosing a piece of your body because your equipment was not in top operating condition.